Friday, March 18, 2005
Alabama Relays Results
Day 2 Results
The final day of the multi-events was completed and the first individual events began on day two of the Alabama Relays.
Ashley Reyer of Southern Miss claimed the heptathlon title in dramatic fashion as she defeated Judy Shepherd from UAB in the final event, the 800m, to finish with 4,730 points, 115 points ahead of Shepherd. Kendall Clifford of Alabama finished fourth with 4,157 points.
Raven Cepeda of Northern Iowa was the decathlon champion as he finished with 6,588 points, 556 points better than his closest competitor. Freshman Kyle Willoughby of the men’s track team, who was running unattached, finished seventh with 5,176.
The conclusion of the decathlon signaled the end of the multi-events and the beginning of the individual events where Elizabeth Ambrus of UAB and Brian Whitehead of Missouri claimed the 10k championships.
The Alabama Relays will continue on Saturday at the Sam Bailey Track and Field Complex beginning with the men’s hammer at 8:00 a.m. The women’s events will get underway with the pole vault at 10:00 a.m. The day will conclude at 5:15 p.m. with the men’s 400m.
1. Ashley Reyer (Southern Miss) 4,730
2. Judy Shepherd (UAB) 4,615
3. Erin Harris (UAB) 4,271
4. Kendall Clifford (Alabama) 4,157
5. Brittney Leftwich (Arkansas State) 4,036
6. Kathy Coleman (SE Missouri) 4,026
7. Priscilla Gaines (Bevill St. CC) 3,871
8. Meghan Dean (Ark. State) 3,208
9. Tracey Rowan (UAB) 3,198
10. Lindsey Hearne (SE Missouri) 3,070
1. Raven Cepeda (Northern (Iowa) 6,588
2. Branda Banda (Arkansas St.) 6,032
3. Casey Strickland (Univ. of the South) 5,748
4. Matt Vanzandt (Unattached) 5,700
5. Joseph Queen (Mississippi St.) 5,475
6. BJ Parish (Arkansas State) 5,417
7. Kyle Willoughby (Unattached) 5,176
8. James Steinberger (Samford) 4,973