March 4, 2012
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. -
Here's a look inside the score sheet of No. 5 Alabama's meet at No. 2 Oklahoma in Norman, Okla., Friday, March 2. Alabama fell to the Sooners 197.300-197.150, posting its highest road mark of the season.
- Alabama is now 9-1-0 overall and 6-0-0 in Southeastern Conference competition.
- Alabama posted its highest road score of the season, a 197.150, at Oklahoma.
- For the second week in a row, Alabama posted the highest road score in the nation. The Crimson Tide’s 197.150 was also the third highest score in the nation last week.
- Senior Geralen Stack-Eaton won the all-around with a season-high 39.525. It marks her third consecutive all-around this season and her second win.
- Through its first two rotations at Oklahoma, Alabama scored nothing less than a 9.85.
- Alabama put together a season-high 49.450 on the uneven bars after all six gymnasts scored 9.85 or better, led by junior Ashley Sledge's 9.925, which tied her career-best.
- Junior Ashley Sledge’s 9.925 won the uneven bars, marking her first individual bars title this season.
- Sophomore Kim Jacob scored a career-best 9.85 in her season debut in Alabama’s competitive uneven bars lineup.
- Bolstered by a new dismount, freshman Kaitlyn Clark scored a career-best 9.9 on the uneven bars.
- Sophomore Sarah DeMeo led the Tide’s uneven bars lineup off with a 9.85, which tied her season best.
- Senior Ashley Priess scored a 9.875 on the uneven bars against Oklahoma, marking her sixth 9.875 or better score in eight meets this season.
- Senior Geralen Stack-Eaton tied her season best on the uneven bars with a 9.9.
- Seniors Geralen Stack-Eaton and Ashley Priess scored matching 9.95s to win the vault. An Alabama gymnast has won the vault in all eight meets this season.
- In just her second vault in the Tide’s lineup this season, senior Ashley Priess posted a career-best 9.95 against the Sooners.
- Led by Stack-Eaton’s and Priess’ 9.95s along with matching 9.875s from the rest of the Tide’s lineup, Alabama scored a 49.525 on the vault, marking the fourth time in eight meets that Alabama has scored 49.5 or better on the vault.
- Freshman Brooke Parker made her debut in the Crimson Tide’s competitive lineup against the Sooners, going in the floor-exercise lineup.
- Junior Marissa Gutierrez scored a 9.9 on the floor exercise, marking the third time this season that she’s scored 9.9 or better on the floor.
- Sophomore Kim Jacob led off the Tide’s balance beam rotation with a 9.825. She has been UA’s beam leadoff in six of eight meets and scored 9.8 or better in seven of eight meets.
- After scoring a 9.875 on the vault at Oklahoma, junior Ashley Sledge has now scored 9.85 or better on the vault in all eight meets this season and 9.875 in six of the eight.
- Junior Ashley Sledge, a last second substitute for senior Ashley Priess in the anchor spot in the Tide’s balance beam, scored a 9.825, just off her career best of 9.85. It was her first beam performance in three meets.
- In her fourth floor exercise routine of the season, senior Geralen Stack-Eaton scored a 9.9 against Oklahoma, her third consecutive 9.9 or better score.