Feb. 12, 2012
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. -
Here's a look inside the score sheet of No. 2 Alabama's meet at No. 26 Kentucky on Friday, Feb. 10.
- Alabama won at Kentucky 196.000-194.700, propelling the Crimson Tide to a 7-0-0 record overall, including a 4-0-0 mark in Southeastern Conference competition.
- The Tide posted a 196.000 at Kentucky, marking its 14th consecutive score of 196 or better.
- A total of 15 UA gymnasts performed routines at Kentucky between the competitive lineup and exhibitions.
- Junior Marissa Gutierrez won the vault at Kentucky with a 9.9, earning her second collegiate vault victory after posting the top score at the 2011 NCAA Championships Semifinals.
- Senior Geralen Stack-Eaton made her 2012 floor exercise debut with a 9.85. She also won the uneven bars with a matching 9.850 score.
- Junior Ashley Sledge tied her season high of 9.875 on the floor exercise to lead the Crimson Tide on that event at Kentucky.
- Sledge won the all-around with a 39.175. It marked her fifth all-around of the season. She is the only UA gymnast to go in the all-around more than once this season.
- Sophomore Kim Jacob won the balance beam at Kentucky, tying her season-best score of 9.85. It marked her fourth career balance beam title, and first since posting the highest beam score during the 2011 NCAA Championships Super Six Team Finals.
- After leading off Alabama’s balance beam and floor exercise lineups for the first four meets of the season, Jacob went second on the floor and third on the balance beam at Kentucky.
- Sophomore Lindsey Fowler made her debut in the Crimson Tide’s competitive lineup at Kentucky, leading off the UA floor exercise lineup with a 9.650.
- Senior Rachel Terry and sophomore Hannah Toussaint both made their 2012 debut at Kentucky, performing exhibition routines on the uneven bars and balance beam respectively.