Feb. 5, 2012
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. -
Here's a look inside the score sheet of No. 6 Alabama's meet against the No. 3 Florida Gators on Friday, Feb. 3. Alabama beat the Gators 197.725-196.900 to remain undefeated on the season.
- Alabama’s 197.725 against the Gators is its highest team mark since posting a 197.950 at the Southeastern Conference Championships in Duluth, Ga., on March 20, 2004.
- Alabama posted season-best scores on all four apparatus against Florida – 49.600 on the vault, 49.250 on the uneven bars, 49.425 on the balance beam and 49.450 on the floor exercise.
- Alabama’s 49.600 was its highest vault total since posting a 49.650 at Kentucky Feb. 26, 2010.
- The Crimson Tide posted 23 scores of 9.825 or better against Florida, including 14 scores of 9.875 or better.
- Sophomore Diandra Milliner scored a 10.0 on the vault against Florida. It marked Alabama’s second 10.0 of the season, following senior Geralen Stack-Eaton’s perfect mark on the vault against Georgia to start the season.
- Milliner is the 14th UA gymnast to score at least one 10.0 during her career and the eighth to score a 10.0 on the vault.
- Stack-Eaton and Milliner have both scored 10.0s this season. The 2003 season marked the last time two UA gymnasts scored 10.0s in the same year. That season Ashley Miles scored four 10s, three on the vault and one on the floor while Jeana Rice scored a 10 on the balance beam and the vault.
- Prior to Stack-Eaton and Milliner scoring 10.0s this season, Ashley Miles was the last Alabama gymnast to score a 10.0, posting two, on the vault and floor exercise, in the 2005 NCAA Championships Super Six Team Finals.
- Milliner also scored a career-best on the balance beam against Florida, turning in a 9.9, and a season-best 9.9 in the floor exercise.
- Junior Marissa Gutierrez enjoyed a career night against Florida, tying her career-best on the vault, balance beam and floor exercise, posting a 9.95, 9.875 and 9.925 respectively. She won the floor exercise for the second time this season.
- Against Florida, senior Ashley Priess competed in the all-around for the first time since the 2010 NCAA Championships Semifinals. She scored a 39.550, just .025 off her career best. She won the balance beam and floor exercise and posted the Tide’s highest uneven bars score.
- Junior Ashley Sledge tied her career-best all-around score against the Gators, scoring a 39.450. She posted season-high scores of 9.875 on the uneven bars and floor exercise. She also scored a career-best 9.850 on the balance beam.
- Sophomore Sarah DeMeo scored a season-best 9.9 on the balance beam while matching her season-best on the uneven bars with a 9.85 against the Gators.
- Sophomore Kim Jacob posted a season-best 9.85 on the floor exercise.
- Freshman Kaitlyn Clark scored a season-high 9.825 on the uneven bars against the Gators.
- Sophomore Lindsey Fowler went exhibition on the floor exercise, scoring a 9.7, marking the first time in her career that she has seen in-meet action.