Jan. 19, 2014
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. -
Here is a look inside the numbers of Alabama's second meet of 2014 and its first road meet of the season, posting a 196.050 on Friday, Jan. 18 in front of 3,100 fans.
- Alabama scored a 196.050 to take second on Jan. 18 in the Ozone Collegiate Classic. Nebraska won the meet with a 197.250 while Kentucky was third with a 194.650.
- Alabama’s freshman class led the way in Knoxville with nine routines, followed by the seniors with eight, the juniors with four and the sophomores with three.
- The Tide’s rookies made up half of the balance beam and floor exercise lineups.
- For the second meet in a row, Alabama had three all-arounders, freshman Katie Bailey, who led the Tide with a 39.150, and seniors Kim Jacob and Sarah DeMeo.
- For the first time in her career, Diandra Milliner was not in the Tide’s vault lineup, after a strained muscle in warm-ups led the Tide coaches to sideline her from the meet as a precaution.
- Alabama scored a meet and season high 49.425 on the vault at the Ozone Collegiate Classic.
- Sophomore Lauren Beers led the Tide and the meet on the vault with a 9.95, which ties her career-best score.
- Junior Kaitlyn Clark won the uneven bars with a 9.875.
- Freshman Aja Sims led the Tide on the balance beam and floor exercise. She also made her collegiate debut on floor exercise.
- Senior Sarah DeMeo tied her career-best vault score with a 9.875 for the second week in a row.
- Junior Lora Leigh Frost made her 2014 season debut in the Ozone Collegiate Classic, stepping into the floor exercise lineup.
- Freshman Amanda Jetter made her debut in the Crimson Tide’s competitive lineup on both the balance beam and floor exercise.
- Sophomore Carley Sims made her 2014 debut in Tide’s competitive vault lineup at the Ozone Collegiate Classic.