Jan. 26, 2014
Recap | Photo Gallery
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. - Here is a look inside the numbers of Alabama's third meet of the 2014 season, a 197.125-196.100 win over the Arkansas Razorbacks Friday, Jan. 24 in front of a capacity Coleman Coliseum crowd of 15,075.
- Alabama posted a 197.125 to beat No. 10 Arkansas in the Crimson Tide’s 10th annual Power of Pink meet in front of a capacity crowd of 15,075 on Friday, Jan. 25, 2014.
- The Crimson Tide’s 15,075 fans vs. Arkansas is the 11th sellout in Alabama gymnastics’ history and the eighth for a Power of Pink meet.
- Alabama used nine gymnasts in its competitive lineup against the Razorbacks, and were led by the freshman class with four gymnasts (Katie Bailey, Aja Sims, Amanda Jetter and Dominique Pegg) and 10 routines. Three seniors (Sarah DeMeo, Kim Jacob and Diandra Milliner) added nine routines while one sophomore (Lauren Beers) and one junior (Kaitlyn Clark) added two and three routines respectively.
- Alabama posted a season-best 49.300 on the balance beam against Arkansas.
- After posting back-to-back 9.875s to tie her career best on the vault to start the season senior Sarah DeMeo posted a new career-best of mark 9.925 against Arkansas to lead the Crimson Tide to a 49.300. Her three vaults this season are her first since her freshman year.
- DeMeo led the Tide in the all-around with a 39.400, just off her career best of 39.450 which she posted as a freshman. DeMeo is the third Tide gymnast to lead Alabama in the all-around in as many meets following fellow senior Kim Jacob (39.525 vs. Missouri) and freshman Katie Bailey (39.150 at Ozone Collegiate Classic).
- Demeo also tied her season-best score on the uneven bars (9.850) and posted season-best marks of 9.900 on the balance beam and 9.725 on the floor exercise.
- Senior Kim Jacob posted three scores of 9.9 or better against Arkansas, winning her second uneven bars title of the season with a 9.9 and her second balance beam title with a season-best 9.925, just off her career best of 9.95. She also led the Tide on the floor exercise with a 9.900.
- Against Arkansas, for the third meet in a row, a different gymnast led the Crimson Tide with a 9.9-plus routine on the vault – senior Diandra Milliner vs. Missouri (9.925), sophomore Lauren Beers at Ozone Collegiate Classic (9.950) and senior Sarah DeMeo vs. Arkansas (9.925).
- Freshman Dominique Pegg made her debut in the Tide’s competitive lineup with a 9.800 vault against the Razorbacks.
- Senior Diandra Milliner led the Tide off with a season-best 9.875 on the balance beam, just off her career-best mark of 9.9.
- After going exhibition on the uneven bars in the first two meets of the season, freshman Aja Sims made her debut in the Tide’s competitive UB lineup with a 9.825. She also posted a career-best 9.875 on the floor exercise.
- Freshman Katie Bailey tied her career- best on the uneven bars with a 9.875.
- Sophomore Lauren Beers posted her highest floor exercise total of the season with a 9.875, just off her career-best of 9.9.
- Junior Kaitlyn Clark tied her season best of 9.825 on the balance beam.
- Freshman Amanda Jetter scored a career-best 9.85 on the floor exercise.