Sept. 24, 2009
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. - Due to tremendous rains in Tuscaloosa over the past two weeks, one of The University of Alabama's largest parking areas may be unavailable this Saturday for the Crimson Tide's game against Arkansas.
The grass parking lot between UA's paved "Soccer Lot" and University Boulevard which normally holds about 1,000 vehicles during a regular game day, will likely not be available due to heavy rains that have caused the ground in the area to become too soft and unable to handle the weight of that many vehicles. If the area does not dry out sufficiently by Saturday morning, the grass lot will be closed.
Alabama and Arkansas fans should be aware that this grassy lot may not be available on Saturday.
UA will continue to use all of the available paved parking lots on the east side of campus, and will open a new grass lot near the Capstone Village Retirement Center on 5th Avenue. Parking in these lots will cost $10 per vehicle. The Crimson Ride bus service to the Quad is free of charge.
More information about parking can be found on UA's Gameday website at www.uagameday.com.
PAVED PARKING OPTIONS FOR ALABAMA/ARKANSAS GAME
- University Mall on McFarland Blvd. has no charge for parking. Tuscaloosa Charter provides service to the stadium for $10.00 per person.
- Downtown parking deck by City Hall, just off University Blvd. on 7th Street and 22nd Avenue. Free parking. Tuscaloosa Charter provides service to the stadium for $10.00 per person.
- DCH Lot is at the corner of Hillard Blvd. and Bryant Drive, west of DCH Hospital. Parking is $10.00 per vehicle. Walking distance to stadium is 1 mile.
- Marine Corps Lot located at the corner of Greensboro and Jack Warner Parkway. Parking is $10.00 per vehicle. Tuscaloosa Charter provides service to the stadium for an additional $10.00.
- Central High School is located on 15th Street, east of 10th Avenue. Parking is $10.00 per vehicle and ½ mile walk to the stadium.
- Boy Scout Lot located off 15th Street, west of 10th Avenue. Parking is $10.00 per vehicle and ½ mile walk to the stadium.
- Tuscaloosa Magnet School located off McFarland Blvd. and Campus Drive East. Parking is $10.00 per vehicle. It is 3/4 mile walking distance to 5th Avenue East to the Crimson Ride stop. The Crimson Ride is free.