: The Alabama captains for the Arkansas game were fullback Le'Ron McClain
(Northport), defensive lineman Wallace Gilberry
(Bay Minette) and defensive back Rashad Johnson
(Sulligent) ... Arkansas won the toss and deferred to the second half ... Alabama received and defended the south goal ... The actual kickoff time was 2:34 p.m. (CST) ... The attendance for todays game was 74,687.GAME PARTICIPATION
: Alabama dressed 72 players for its game with Arkansas and 55 played at least one snap in the game ... Demarcus Waldrop
(Pinson) started in place of the injured Terrence Jones
at outside linebacker for his second straight start. Juwan Simpson
(Decatur) returned to the starting lineup after missing the Louisiana Monroe game. Lionel Mitchell
(Stone Mountain, Ga.) earned his second start of the season as the fifth defensive back. Antoine Caldwell
(Montgomery), Kenneth Darby
(Huntsville) and Wallace Gilberry
(Bay Minette) each extended their Alabama longest start streaks to 16 straight games. Chris Harris
has played in more games (35) than any other Alabama player without a career start. ARKANSAS SERIES
: Alabama and Arkansas met for the 17th time on Saturday with Alabama now holding a slight 9-8 lead in the series. The Razorbacks has now won three of the last four meetings. The Crimson Tide are 2-4 all-time in Fayetteville.
: Alabama is now 44-26-3 all-time in SEC road openers but is just 4-7 in the last 11 openers.
* Mike Shula, now in his fourth season as the head coach at Alabama has a 23-18 career record. He is 12-14 in SEC games and 1-3 in conference road openers.
* Kenneth Darby is 56 yards shy of reaching 3,000 career all-purpose yards after recording 69 all-purpose yards against Arkansas. He is 187 yards shy of 2,000 career rushing yards in SEC play.
* Darby ran the ball 26 times for 64 yards in the loss Arkansas ... In 38 career games, Darby has 569 rushing attempts for 2,722 yards and is fourth on the school’s all-time rushing charts. He is 844 yards shy of the record held by Shaun Alexander.
* Alabama tallied 11 penalties for 65 yards. The Crimson Tide came into the Arkansas game with 11 penalties for 77 yards in three games.
* John Parker Wilson’s 78-yard touchdown pass to DJ Hall was a career long for both players. It was the longest play of the year and 10th longest touchdown pass in school history. It was also the first 99-yard scoring drive for Alabama since Oct. 9, 2004, against Kentucky when Spencer Pennington engineered a 14-play 99 yard touchdown drive capped off with a 20-yard run by Ray Hudson.
* DJ Hall needs reached the 1,000 career receiving yards mark with his 78-yard touchdown reception. He joins Keith Brown as the second current Alabama wide receiver to record 1,000 career receiving yards. He finished the game with six catches for 144 yards and a touchdown. It was his fourth 100-yard receiving game.
* Wilson set a career-high with three touchdown passes in the game, throwing scores of 78, 14 and 1 yards.
* Wilson is averaging 28.3 yards per touchdown pass in his career with nine touchdown passes for 255 yards. Five of his nine touchdown passes have been for over 30 yards and two have gone longer than 40 yards.
* Wilson also ran for a career-high 20 yards on 13 carries. He had a career-long run of 23 yards in the second quarter. The 23-yard run was the Crimson Tide’s longest run from scrimmage in 2006. It was the longest run by an Alabama quarterback since Tyler Watts broke a 32-yard run at South Carolina in 2001.
* Simeon Castille recorded his third interception of the season and seventh of his career. With the interception, Alabama has forced at least one turnover in 35 of the 41 games during coach Mike Shula’s tenure.
* Jeffrey Dukes tallied his second interception of the season in the fourth quarter and third of his career. Lionel Mitchell recorded his second interception of the year in overtime. He also had an interception against Hawai’i.
* Alabama’s come-from-behind victory after trailing at the start of the fourth quarter was the first since they defeated Iowa State 14-13 at the Independence Bowl in 2001. The last time the Crimson Tide came-from-behind after trailing at the start of the fourth quarter on the road was in a 28-17 victory over Auburn in 1999.
* Nick Walker caught his third pass of the season, a one-yard catch, for his first career touchdown in the second overtime.
* The overtime game was the seventh in Alabama history and first since a 16-13 loss at home to LSU last season. The Crimson Tide are 2-5 all-time in overtime contests. Alabama and Arkansas met in an overtime in Tuscaloosa in 2003 and Arkansas won 34-31 in two overtimes. The last overtime victory for Alabama was in 1999 when they defeated Florida in Gainesville, Fla., 40-39.
NEXT GAME: Alabama plays its second straight SEC road game next Saturday, September 30 against the Florida Gators at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium in Gainesville, Fla. ... The game will be televised nationally by CBS Sports with kickoff set for 2:37 p.m. (CST) ... The Crimson Tide’s next home game is Saturday, October 7 against Duke ... The kickoff time for the Duke game has not been announced at this time.