Saturday, September 14, 2002
* Junior wide receiver Dre Fulgham made his first career start for Alabama at wide receiver against North Texas. The Crimson Tide opened the game in a three-wide set against the Mean Green. Senior Sam Collins and junior Traindos Luke were the other two receivers for UA.
* In addition, sophomore safety Carlos Andrews made his first career start on defense, subbing for senior Waine Bacon, who had started each of the last 14 games for the Crimson Tide. Andrews has appeared in 14 career games for Alabama, but has never started prior to tonight.
* Redshirt Charlie Peprah made his second career start for the Alabama against North Texas (subbing at RCB for Hirchel Bolden). Peprah made his first career start last week against Oklahoma as the fifth defensive back in the Crimson Tide's nickel package. Junior defensive end Nautyn McKay-Loescher returned to the starting line up against UNT. Loescher did not start last week as UA opened the game with five defensive backs.
* Alabama has scored on its opening possession in each of its first three games this season. The Crimson scored a touchdown on its opening possession against Middle Tennessee and tallied a field goal on its opening drive against Oklahoma and North Texas.
* Redshirt sophomore Michael Ziifle's 24-yard field goal with 10:52 left in the first quarter was the first points scored against North Texas in a span of six quarters. The last time UNT allowed an opponent to score was the second quarter of the Texas game on Aug. 31 in Austin. The Longhorns won the game, 27-0.
* Senior tailback Ahmaad Galloway's two-yard touchdown run with 8:35 left in the second quarter was the first touchdown allowed by North Texas since the second quarter of its season opener against Texas.
* Galloway's two-yard TD run is just the second offensive touchdown scored by Alabama in the last seven quarters, dating back the third quarter of the Middle Tennessee game on Aug. 31. Galloway has Alabama's last three offensive touchdowns in that span.
* In addition, Galloway's two-yard touchdown run in the second quarter gives him at least one touchdown in each of his last five regular season games dating back to last season. Galloway has six rushing touchdowns in those five games, dating back to Alabama's 31-7 win over Auburn on Nov. 17, 2001. He has three rushing TDs this season and 16 in his Alabama career.
* The paid attendance for the Alabama-North Texas game is 79,818, snapping a streak of 56 consecutive sellouts here in Bryant-Denny Stadium. The last time Alabama did not have a sellout in Tuscaloosa came in a 24-14 win over Temple on Nov. 15, 1986. The Temple game was the last game played before the stadium was expanded to over 70,000 for the 1988 season. In 1998, Bryant-Denny Stadium was again expanded to its present capacity of 83,818.