Jan. 12, 2010
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. - The University of Alabama will celebrate the Crimson Tide’s 2009 National Football Championship Saturday, Jan. 16 at 2 p.m. in Bryant-Denny Stadium.
Here are some key reminders for fans who plan to attend:
· Gates will open at noon. The celebration will begin at 2 p.m. and will last approximately one hour.
o The entire celebration will occur inside the stadium. There will not be a parade or a Walk of Champions.
o The event will be held regardless of weather.
· The first 50,000 fans entering the stadium will receive a poster of the championship team at the Rose Bowl.
o This is not an autograph event; coaches and players will not be available for autographs before or after the celebration.
· Admission is free, and fans will not need a ticket to get into the stadium. All seating will be general admission, on a first-come, first-served basis.
o Items normally prohibited in the stadium will not be permitted in the stadium during the celebration event.
o Block seating will not be available for students.
· Parking options and street closings will be similar to A-Day games. Streets on campus will be closed at approximately 11 a.m. Saturday.
o Shuttles will run from the Soccer Lot and the east campus grass lots beginning at 9 a.m. These buses pick up and drop off at the Quad. They will run 1.5 hours post-event.
o RV parking will be located at the Northington lot behind Bruno’s Supermarket on McFarland Blvd., near University Mall. There will not be shuttle service from the Northington lot.
o Parking for people with disabilities will be available in the Communications Card lot (wheelchair), the Wallace Wade lot (wheelchair) and the Campus Drive parking deck. Bus service will be provided from the Campus Drive Deck to the stadium beginning at 11 a.m.
o Colonial Drive will be blocked off at 8 a.m. on Saturday, which means that students who park on Colonial will not be able to move their cars after that time.
· Concessions will be available in multiple locations in the lower level of the stadium, but food vendors will not be located on the Quad.
· UA-licensed merchandise will be on sale outside the stadium and in the SUPe Store.
For additional information, please go to uagameday.com.