Dec. 30, 2012
Final Stats |
- Sunday's contest marked the 84th time Alabama and Tulane have met on the hardwood, with the Crimson Tide now owning a 52-32 lead in the all-time series.
- The 84 all-time meetings between Tulane and Alabama ranks 10th in the school's list of most common opponents. Furthermore, Tulane is the only school among the top 10 not in the Southeastern Conference.
- Alabama now owns a 32-8 record in the 40 previous contests played between the two former SEC rivals in Tuscaloosa.
- Junior guard Trevor Releford now has 960 points in his career and needs 40 points to become the 46th player in program history to reach the 1,000-point milestone. Should he achieve the feat, Releford would become only the seventh player in UA lore to record at least 1,000 points and 140 steals in a career (146).
- Sophomore forward Nick Jacobs earned his first start of the season and the 16th of his career.
- With another new starting lineup tonight vs. Tulane, head coach Anthony Grant has used seven different starting lineups in Alabama's 12 games on the season.
- Jacobs responded in his first start with a season-high 12 points on 5-of-10 shooting from the floor. He also led the Tide with two blocks and two steals.
- Alabama led at halftime, 25-20, but lost the lead by being outscored, 33-25, in the second half. It marks the second straight game the Crimson Tide has dropped a halftime lead and is now 6-2 on the year when leading at intermission.
- The starting five for Alabama scored 45 of the team's 50 points on the night.
- UA's 50 points marks a season-low for the Crimson Tide. The previous low was 54 scored at VCU on Dec. 15.
- Releford failed to get one steal in the contest, marking the first time this season he has not registered at least one steal in a game.
- Sophomores Trevor Lacey and Levi Randolph are the only duo who has started all 12 contests this season.