Dec. 22, 2012
Final Stats |
- Alabama and Mercer played for the ninth time in series history. With the Bears' victory, Mercer improves to 6-3 against the Crimson Tide in the all-time series, including two wins at Coleman Coliseum over the last three meetings.
- The Alabama-Mercer contest served as the final game before the Christmas holiday for the Crimson Tide. It was the first time since Dec. 5, and second time in the month of December, that Alabama will play under the arched roof of Coleman Coliseum. UA's next contest will be on Dec. 30 vs. Tulane in Tuscaloosa, Ala.
- Junior guard Trevor Releford finished with 19 points on the night. He now needs 46 points (has 954) to become the 46th player in program history to reach the 1,000-point milestone. Should he achieve the feat, Releford would become only the seventh player in UA lore to record at least 1,000 points and 140 steals in a career (146).
- Junior guard Trevor Releford (19) and sophomore guard Rodney Cooper (17) combined to score 36 of Alabama's 59 points on the day.
- The defeat marked the first time this season Alabama has lost when leading at halftime. The Crimson Tide is now 6-1 on the year when owning a lead at intermission this season.
- It marked the second consecutive game Alabama has been outscored by 12 points in the second half, going 1-1. Against Texas Tech on Dec. 19, the Crimson Tide was outscored, 35-23, in the final 20 minutes in a 66-62 win over the Red Raiders.
- Mercer's 22 first-half points were the fewest Alabama has allowed in a half since holding Lamar to 20 points in the second half in the 75-47 win back on Nov. 27.
- Alabama finished the contest shooting 39.6 percent for the game and drops to 0-3 on the year when shooting below 40 percent in a game.
- The 59 points scored by Alabama were the fewest points scored by the Crimson Tide against Mercer in nine overall meetings between the two teams.