Dec. 17, 2013
Recap | Box Score | Quotes | Photo Gallery
• Wichita State, ranked No. 11 in the Associated Press top-25 poll, was the second-highest ranked team in the AP top 25 to ever play at Coleman Coliseum. The highest ranked non-conference team to ever play in Tuscaloosa was then-No. 5 Purdue on Dec. 12, 2009.
• The game was the 11th time a non-conference top-25 team played in Tuscaloosa in program history. The Tide falls to 6-5 in those contests.
• Alabama was outrebounded, 38-26, on the night. The Tide falls to 0-4 when it losses the battle of the boards.
• Trevor Releford recorded 22 points to mark his third 20-point game of the season. He now has 13 20-point games in his career. He also had a season-best six assists and only one turnover.
• Junior guard Rodney Cooper scored 14 points off the bench in the Tide’s loss to Wichita State Tuesday night. After opening the season with 10 points and 10 rebounds against Oklahoma (11/8), Cooper scored a total of 33 points over Alabama’s next seven contests. He has nearly equaled that total with 30 points in his last two games.
• The Tide lost by five points, 72-67, and drops to 0-5 this year in games decided by 10 or fewer points.
• Wichita State connected on 25-of-27 free throws en route to the win. In comparison, the Tide hit 14-of-19 from the charity stripe. Alabama is now 0-3 when the opposition attempts more free throws in a game.
• Alabama trailed by one point, 41-40, at intermission and falls to 0-4 this season when trailing at the half.
• With the loss, Alabama had its regular-season home game winning streak snapped at 15 games. The last time the Tide lost a regular-season home game came against Tulane on Dec. 30, 2012.