Dec. 16, 2009
Box Score |
• Alabama held its second opponent of the season under 50 points. Alabama is undefeated this season (3-0) when allowing fewer than 60 points.
• Samford is the sixth straight opponent that has committed more than its season average in turnovers against Alabama. Samford committed a season-high 20 turnovers.
• Alabama committed just 12 turnovers, however, eight of them came from Mikhail Torrance to temper his seven assists.
• The Crimson Tide shot 48.1 percent from the field and 61.3 percent from inside the arc.
• Samford’s average scoring possession lasted 24 seconds, nine seconds longer than the Tide’s.
• Sixty-four percent of Alabama’s baskets were assisted.
• Alabama had 13 steals, its second most of the season and scored 16 points off turnovers.
• The contest only saw six total free throws attempted with Samford only earning one attempt with 2:09 left in the contest. Alabama made four of its five attempts, all of them in the first half.
• Alabama held a 9-1 advantage on the offensive glass in the second half and a 19-9 overall advantage in the half.
• Chris Hines finished with a career-high six points, four rebounds and three steals.
• Alabama started the lineup of Anthony Brock, Mikhail Torrance, Senario Hillman, JaMychal Green and freshman Tony Mitchell for the fourth straight game.
• Mikhail Torrance single-handedly erased an early Samford lead with eight straight points on a jumper and back-to-back three-pointers with 10:54 left in the half.
• Torrance’s run keyed a larger 15-3 run that gave UA a nine-point lead with 6:25 left in the half.
• UA outscored Samford 29-15 in the final 12 minutes of the half.
• Twenty-five of UA’s 35 first-half points came from Torrance and JaMychal Green with 15 and 10 points each, respectively. The pair were a combined 9-of-11 from the field in the half.
• Alabama forced 10 first-half Samford turnovers. The Bulldogs came into the contest averaging 12.8 turnovers per game.
• By contrast, the Tide committed just four first-half miscues.
• Samford attempted 13 three-pointers in the first half and made four. However, the squad converted on 6-of-9 two-point shots.
• Alabama held Samford scoreless for 4:53 between the 10:24 and 5:31 marks of the first half, making Samford the fourth straight opponent UA has held without a field goal for a period of more than four minutes.