Nov. 20, 2009
Box Score |
• Mikhail Torrance finished with a career-high 26 points to lead the Tide with the fifth 20-point performance of his career and scored five of Alabama’s final seven points.
• Alabama became the first team to defeat a BIG EAST program this season. Coming into the game, the BIG EAST was 35-0 this season. At the conclusion of the game, the BIG EAST was 41-1 this season.
• JaMychal Green notched his ninth career double-double with 10:53 left in the contest and finished with 15 points and 12 rebounds
• Justin Knox’s 13 points and 10 rebounds marked the junior’s first career double-double and the second highest scoring performance of his career.
• It was the first time Alabama has had two players record a double-double since January 3, 2009 when Alonzo Gee and Ronald Steele accomplished the feat against Georgia Tech.
• Providence, which had outrebounded its previous three opponents by 15.0 per game, was outrebounded 47-46 by Alabama.
• The Crimson Tide committed just two second-half turnovers and finished the game with eight, its fewest since committing seven against Chattanooga on December 22, 2008. The Tide forced 14 turnovers and scored 21 points as a result.
• The Tide closed the game on a 10-0 run and held Providence without a field goal for the final 1:37 of the game.
• In the final 3:37, Alabama shot 4-of-6 from the field and 6-of-7 from the free-throw line.
• Neither team led by more than two possessions until the final 30 seconds of the game.
• Alabama improved to 4-2 against Providence with the win and 2-0 against the Friars in Coleman Coliseum , 24-24 against the BIG EAST and 11-9 against charter members of the league.
• Alabama used the same starting lineup from its previous game, trotting out Mikhail Torrance, Senario Hillman, Andrew Steele, JaMychal Green and Justin Knox for the opening tip.
• The Tide held Providence without a field goal for the first 3:33 of the contest.
• JaMychal Green helped the Tide get an early 5-0 lead by scoring the first five points of the game, the Tide’s largest lead of the half.
• Green finished the half with seven points and nine rebounds, tying for the most rebounds the sophomore has had in a first half in his career.
• Providence closed the half on an 11-3 run to take a 37-33 lead into half time.
• Marshon Brooks led all scorers with 14 points in the half.
• All nine Tide players that hit the floor scored, led by Torrance’s 10 first-half points.