Nov. 11, 2012
Final Stats |
- Alabama is a host team for the 2012 2K Sports Classic benefitting the Wounded Warrior Project. The four host teams (which also includes Oregon State, Purdue and Villanova) will meet in Madison Square Garden on Nov. 15-16.
- Alabama will take on Oregon State on Thursday at 6 p.m. CT in the championship rounds of the 2K Sports Classic Benefiting Wounded Warrior Project in Madison Square Garden. The Tide will then play either Purdue or Villanova in Friday's final day.
- With the victory, Alabama went 2-0 as the host team of the event. It marks the third consecutive season that head coach Anthony Grant has guided his team to wins in the first two games of the season.
- Today's matchup against West Alabama marked the second time the two programs have met on the hardwood. The only other meeting came on Jan. 30, 1953, when the Crimson Tide captured an 89-28 victory.
- Sophomore Trevor Lacey continued his hot start to the season, finishing with a career-high 23 points in the contest, including knocking down 5-of-5 three-pointers. With his 15 points against South Dakota State, Lacey has scored in double figured five straight contests dating back to the 2011-12 season.
- Through his first two games of the 2012-13 season, Lacey has compiled 38 points, seven assists, six rebounds. He has connected on 13-of-20 shots from the floor and 7-of-10 shots from beyond the arc.
- Through its first two contests this season, Alabama has forced its opponents into a combined 38 turnovers. As a result, the Crimson Tide has a 46-23 advantage in points off turnovers on the year.