March 12, 2010
Box Score | Quotes
• Alabama led by as many as 11 points in the first half. The Crimson Tide used a 12-0 run capped off by two Charvez Davis free throws at the 11:39 mark to give UA a 19-8 advantage. Anthony Brock stole the ball on three consecutive UK possessions to help the Tide gain the lead.
• The Wildcats scored 20 of their first 25 points in the paint, while Alabama managed only 10 points in the lane. Kentucky missed their first eight three-point attempts before Darnell Dodson beat the first half buzzer with a triple that got the Wildcats within five at the break (35-30). UK would not make a three-pointer in the second half.
• Alabama held a 26-16 rebounding edge in the first half. The Wildcats entered the game averaging a league-best +8.5 advantage on the boards. Alabama scored 12 second-chance points in the first half compared to six for Kentucky.
• Kentucky scored the first four points of the second half to cap a 7-0 run and get within one at 35-34.
• Kentucky took the lead during an 11-2 second-half run that featured seven straight Wildcat points from John Wall capped off by a traditional three-point play that gave Kentucky its first lead since 8-7.
• The Wildcats took their first double-digit lead at 55-45 (9:46, 2nd) with a 9-1 run that included four points from Wall.
• Alabama's Chris Hines fouled out at the 7:26 mark of the second half.
With the loss, Alabama falls to 58-44 all-time in SEC tournament play, and 42-27 since the tourney was reinstated in 1979. In SEC tourney play, the Crimson Tide is now 2-12 vs. Kentucky.
They are now 1-3 in SEC tourney games in Nashville's Bridgestone Arena.
• Tony Mitchell notched his third career double-double with 10 points and 10 rebounds.
• JaMychal Green notched his sixth double-double of the season - the 13th of his career - with 14 points and 11 rebounds.
• Mikhail Torrance scored 20 points to lead the Crimson Tide in scoring. Torrance has scored at least 20 points on nine occasions this season and led Alabama in scoring 15 times through 32 games.