Feb. 27, 2010
Recap | Box Score | Quotes | Photo Gallery
Post Game Notes
• Charvez Davis scored a career-high 19 points, 15 of them coming from behind the three-point arc. It was his sixth double-digit outing of the season but first since Jan. 27.
• Alabama attempted a season-high 24 three-pointers, converting on eight of them, the second most of the season.
• Alabama had 19 assists, tied for the third most this season and most in SEC play.
• Of Alabama’s 26 baskets, 73.1 percent were assisted, the second highest assisted basket percentage of the season.
• Chris Hines hauled in seven rebounds, the second most of his career. In the last four games, he is averaging 7.5 rebounds per game.
• Alabama matched a season-low with seven turnovers.
• Mississippi matched a season-high with 12 three pointers, the most by a UA opponent this season.
• Of Alabama’s 10 SEC losses, five have now been decided by two or fewer possessions.
• Justin Knox had 12 points, his third most of the season and most in SEC play this year.
• Mikhail Torrance finished one point shy of his third straight 20-point performance. In the last three games, the senior is averaging 20.7 points per game.
• Alabama held a 17-9 advantage in free throw attempts, just the fourth time in SEC play Alabama has gotten to the line more than its opponent.
• Alabama used the starting five of Anthony Brock, Mikhail Torrance, Tony Mitchell, JaMychal Green and Chris Hines for the fourth time this season and first since January 30 at Auburn.
• Neither team started out shooting strong, with the teams going a combined 10-of-30 from the field in the first 10 minutes of the contest. The shooting recovered over the next 10 minutes with the teams going 13-of-28.
• Mikhail Torrance scored 11 first half points, the eighth time this season the senior has scored in double figures in the first half. In the last two games, he is averaging 13 points in the first half.
• Justin Knox added 10 points, his second half in double digits and the most in a first half of an SEC game for the junior this season.
• Alabama led the half for the first time in four games. The last game UA led at the half was the first meeting with Mississippi. In all, UA has led at the break in nine of its SEC games.
• Alabama attempted 12 three pointers in the first half, its third most of the season and second most in SEC action. UA connected on four of those attempts with three coming from Torrance.
• Alabama’s eight first-half assists exceeds or matches its total from each of the last two games.