Feb. 4, 2010
Recap | Box Score | Quotes | Photo Gallery
Post Game Notes
• The loss was Alabama’s second straight and third one-point loss in SEC play this season.
• Florida converted on 50 percent of its field goal attempts to become the first team since Kansas State to shoot 50 percent against the Tide.
• Florida also converted on 38.9 percent of its three-point attempts, the highest percentage since Vanderbilt converted 50 percent of its tries from behind the arc.
• Mikhail Torrance's 22-point performance was his sixth 20-point performance on the year. He also matched a career high with five three-pointers.
• As a team, the Crimson Tide matched a season high with nine three-pointers.
• Alabama attempted 18 free throws, tying for its most in SEC play this season.
• UA turned the ball over a season-low eight times. Only three of the turnovers came in the second half.
• Florida’s +4 margin on the offensive glass led to a 21-6 advantage in second-chance points.
• The contest featured 16 lead changes, tying for the most in a UA game this season. The Providence contest also featured 16 lead changes.
• Tony Mitchell scored in double-figures for the fifth time in the last seven games.
• Alabama used the starting five of Mikhail Torrance, Senario Hillman, Tony Mitchell, JaMychal Green and Chris Hines for the first time this season. Hillman returned to the starting lineup after coming off the bench in the previous four games.
• Alabama’s 37 first-half points were its most in the first half of an SEC game this season.
• UA scored its 37 points despite scoring just three points, a three-pointer from Tony Mitchell as time expired in the final 5:34 of the half.
• It was the first time in the last five games that either Alabama or an opponent has scored more than 30 points in the first half.
• Alabama’s seven first-half three-pointers matched a first-half high this season. The previous high came against North Florida on Dec. 2.
• Mikhail Torrance’s 14 first-half points are the second most he has scored in an opening half this season and tie for the second most by a UA player this season.
• Torrance’s four three-pointers matched a season-high for the senior and is one shy of a career high.
• Florida shot 51.7 percent from the field in the opening half. Kansas State is the only other opponent to shoot over 50 percent in the first half against the Tide this season.
• Alabama possessed the ball for 2:05 longer than the Gators and its average scoring possession lasted six seconds longer in the half.