Jan. 21, 2009
Box Score |
- Mikhail Torrance matched a career-high in his third-straight game with 24 points. He equaled his previous career high of 24 set against Auburn with 10:42 left to play in the second half.
- Torrance has averaged 23.3 points per game in his last three games.
- Alonzo Gee's 15-point performance was his 16th-straight game in double-figures as he moved into sole possession of 17th place with 1,407 career points.
- Senario Hillman recorded a career-high six assists.
- Hillman also made a pair of critical free throws with two seconds left in the game to seal the win. With those two he improved to 17-of-18 (.944) on free throws in pressure situations.
- Demetrius Jemison played his first significant amount of time in SEC play and blocked a career-high four shots.
- Yamene Coleman led all players with a career-high four steals, three of them in the second half.
- UA improved to 114-49 all time against Mississippi and 35-5 in Coleman Coliseum.
- The win was UA's seventh-straight home win.
- Mississippi's David Huertas' 26 points were the most an opposing player has scored against UA this season.
- Alabama shot a season-high 54.9 percent from the field in the game.
- Every UA player, with the exception of Anthony Brock, that saw playing time recorded a rebound.
- Anthony Brock saw his first action since the December 7 game against Louisiana and scored four points, including a critical basket with 5:27 left that gave UA a six-point lead.
- JaMychal Green scored 10 first-half points and finished with 12 points for his third-straight game in double-figures and 10th thise season.
- Andrew Steele had three first-half assists, one off his career high and the most against an SEC opponent for him.
- Mississippi became just the fourth team to outscore UA in the first eight minutes of a game this season.