Jan. 13, 2010
Recap | Box Score | Quotes | Photo Gallery
Post Game Notes
• Mikhail Torrance finished with a game-high 23 points, his second most of the season and fourth 20-point performance.
• Tony Mitchell was the only other member of the Crimson Tide in double-figures with 10 points on 5-of-7 shooting with seven rebounds, one shy of a career-high.
• Alabama had a negative assist-to-turnover ratio for the first time in five games. The Tide had just two second-half assists.
• Vanderbilt had eight turnovers, its second fewest of the season, and fewest of any Alabama opponent.
• The Commodores, who came into the game shooting 49.4 percent, were held to 39.2 percent shooting to become the fourth straight opponent to shoot less than 40 percent against the Tide.
• Alabama outscored Vanderbilt 40-22 in the paint, the fifth straight opponent UA has outscored in the paint and the fifth game Alabama has scored 40 or more points in the paint.
• Vanderbilt took its first lead of the game with 9:40 left in the contest on a three-pointer from John Jenkins and from there the lead changed hands five times.
• Alabama was awarded 20 fewer free throws than Vanderbilt.
• Alabama used the starting five of Mikhail Torrance, Anthony Brock, Senario Hillman, Justin Knox and JaMychal Green for the fifth consecutive game.
• The Tide opened the game with a three-pointer for the second time this season to key a 9-0 run to open the game.
• Vanderbilt missed its first five shots from the field while the Tide converted on its first six shots.
• The Commodores, who came into the game averaging 49.4 percent from the field was limited to 36 percent shooting in the first half.
• A large part of the Commodores shooting woes stemmed from center A.J. Ogilvy shooting 1-of-7 in the half. The rest of the team converted at a 44.4 percent clip.
• Vanderbilt’s frontcourt combined to shoot just 3-of-14 in the first half.
• The Tide’s undersized frontcourt continued its strong play, outscoring Vanderbilt 22-8 in the paint in the opening stanza and that was with JaMychal Green and Justin Knox playing just a combined 16 minutes due to early fouls.