Oct. 8, 2012
Diamond Dolls Application
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – Sign-ups for the Alabama Baseball “Diamond Dolls” are under way. Approximately 20-30 University of Alabama female students will be selected each fall to be Alabama Baseball Diamond Dolls. The deadline to apply for membership for the 2013 season is Friday, October 19, 2012 at 12 p.m. No application will be accepted after the deadline, regardless of the circumstance.
Approximately 20-30 girls will be selected each fall as the UA Baseball “Diamond Dolls” for the following season by a panel represented by the UA Athletic Department and Alabama Grand Slammers.
Members of the UA Baseball Diamond Dolls will assists with marketing and promotions during home baseball games, work on the field as traditional bat and ball girls and assist with Grand Slammers events, including both preseason and pregame BBQ/Fan Days and other baseball events.
The “Diamond Dolls” position would be a non-paying position, thus not an employee of the UA Athletic Department and would not have any “host” responsibilities. They would be sponsored by the Alabama Grand Slammers. The sponsorship would include full or shared cost of the “Diamond Dolls” uniforms with the girls.
Diamond Dolls will be selected each Fall through an application process conducted by the Alabama Grand Slammers selection committee. Members of the group must also try out every year. Members are required to meet the following criteria:
• Cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or higher.
• At least second-semester freshman standing.
• Full-time enrollment as an undergraduate (no fifth-year seniors or graduate/law students).
• Involvement, but not over-commitment, in campus activities.
• Ability to devote from three to five hours or more each game (31 home games) to group duties while maintaining good grades.
• Ability to participate regularly in Thursday night meetings, weekend and evening events.
• Excellent oral communication skills and poise in dealing with diverse groups of individuals.
All applications with a photograph are due to the Alabama Baseball Office (Suite 205) located in Coleman Coliseum by 12:00 p.m. (Noon) on October 19, 2012. Once again, no application will be accepted after the deadline, regardless of the circumstance.
Alabama Baseball Diamond Dolls serve as the face of Crimson Tide Baseball to fans for game-day activities. Don’t miss this once-a-year chance to be a part of Alabama Baseball and greet the fans at Sewell-Thomas Stadium in cheering them on as they work towards the College World Series!
Follow the Alabama Crimson Tide baseball team on Facebook at Alabama-Baseball and on Twitter at @AlabamaBSB.