Aug. 16, 2012
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – Fourth-year head baseball coach Mitch Gaspard announced that walk-on tryouts for the 2012-13 Alabama baseball team will be held on Tuesday, Sept. 11, at 6 p.m., at Sewell-Thomas Stadium.
Interested players must be enrolled full-time at the University of Alabama, have remaining NCAA eligibility and must complete the following before the tryout date in order to be able to take the field.
• Complete the Student-Athlete Tryout Approval and Tracking form. The form can be picked up in the baseball office, which is located on the main concourse level of Coleman Coliseum.
• Complete a compliance interview with Riley Edwards to ensure your eligibility. Players should contact Edwards at 205-348-3605 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment. If you have not done so already, register with the NCAA Eligibility center at www.eligibilitycenter.org prior to this meeting.
• Players will also need to show proof of a completed physical, conducted by a physician, within the last six months. If you do not have the physical completed, you can either go to your family physician or get a physical at the Russell Student Health Center. Additionally, each player will also need to have sickle cell test completed as well.
• Visit with Athletic Trainer, Joe Hoffer (205-348-3607) to turn in your physical paperwork and proof of insurance paperwork. Hoffer will need to sign off on your completed medical forms.
• Return the completed tryout form to the Athletics Compliance Office.
To contact the baseball office, call 205-348-4029 and talk to Administrative Assistant, Troi Lane Wallace to arrange a time to pick up the necessary paperwork.
Follow the Alabama Crimson Tide baseball team on Facebook at Alabama-Baseball and on Twitter at @AlabamaBSB.