Center for Athletic Student Services
Student-Athlete Handbook | Tutor Application | Photo Gallery
The secret behind the academic success for Tide athletes is Alabama's Bill Battle Center for Athletic Student Services, headed by Associate Athletics Director for Student Services Jon Dever. The staff of 10 full-time employees is bolstered by five academic interns and more than 90 part-time tutors who work in the Bill Battle Academic Center in Paul W. Bryant Hall. The facility includes study rooms with computers, three multimedia classrooms, and two computer labs. Laptop computers are also available for check-out.
From the moment a recruit first walks on to the campus to the moment a student-athlete graduates with diploma in hand, exceptional and comprehensive academic services are available. For the first year at the Capstone, freshman and junior college transfers are required to attend nightly study halls. After that, the attendance is based on the individual's GPA and study needs.
The Bill Battle Center for Athletic Student Services's staff works as a liaison between the Athletic Department and The University's undergraduate divisions and administrative office. The staff offers career advice and counseling, makes sure all athletes are maintaining satisfactory progress toward a degree, and monitors academic eligibility. The Assistant Director of Academic Programs supervises tutorial services, hires tutorial staff, and coordinates all other aspects of the academic enrichment program.
All of these services begin with the recruit's first visit. The advisors set up individual appointments within the department of the recruit's area of study and accompany the prospect to the meeting. They give the recruit a tour of the campus and go over services provided by the Bill Battle Center for Athletic Student Services.
The dedicated staff can only give guidance and direction. Achievement is left in the hands of the student-athlete. If the athlete wishes to succeed in the classroom as they do in competition, then Alabama's staff will provide them with every opportunity to achieve their highest goals.
- Jon Dever, Associate Athletics Director - Student Services - email@example.com
- Brenda Elliott, Assistant Director, Athletic Academic Programs - Student Services - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fern Hampton, Assistant Director, Athletic Student Services - email@example.com
- Lance Walker, Assistant Director, Athletic Student Services - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Heather Anders, Academic Program Advisor - email@example.com
- Jenny Sanders, Academic Program Advisor - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Evan Cardwell, Academic Program Advisor - email@example.com
- Molly Dowd, Academic Program Advisor - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stephanie Godfrey, Academic Program Advisor - email@example.com
- Tyler Roberts, Academic Program Advisor - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joy Burroughs, Learning Specialist - email@example.com
- Lisa Patrick, Administrative Secretary - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chelsea Hewitt , Assistant Academic Program Advisor - email@example.com
- Tyler Nix, Assistant Academic Program Advisor – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Emily Roberts, Assistant Academic Program Advisor – email@example.com
- Leon Fluker, Assistant Academic Program Advisor – firstname.lastname@example.org