Harry Pritchett Running Park
For decades, the University of Alabama men's and women's cross country teams have utilized several different practice areas, including its competition course, the Harry Pritchett Running Park. Built in 1959, and formerly known as the University Golf Course, it was named the Harry Pritchett Golf Course in 1980 and was known as such until November of 2003 when the course became exclusively for cross country use. In addition to playing host to the annual Crimson Classic event, the Harry Pritchett Running Park has hosted the SEC Cross Country Championships as well as multiple NCAA South Region Championships.
The SEC Championships were last held at Harry Pritchett Running Park in 2000, when the men finished second and the women were fifth. It also hosted in 1972, 1979, 1988 and 2000 SEC Championships (women's SEC competition began in 1983). The Alabama men were second in 1972, fifth in 1979 and fourth in 1988, while the Crimson Tide women finished second in 1988.
The Harry Pritchett Running Park last hosted the region championships in 2011. It also hosted in 2001, 2004, 2009 and is a regular fixture in the regional championship rotation. The Alabama men won the regional title in 2001 and 2009, but finished eighth in 2004 and 18th in 2011. The Alabama women finished 16th in 2001, 15th in 2004, seventh in 2009 and sixth in 2011.
The running park is able to accommodate course lengths of 3,000 meters, 5,000 meters, 8,000 meters, 6,000 meters and 10,000 meters. The course, once used as the university's golf course, is a flat to rolling, all grass surface with limited cart path crossing.
Closest Intersection: Veterans Memorial Parkway & Loop Road
From East/ West of Tuscaloosa to Harry Pritchett Running Park