On February 1, 2006, the University of Alabama Intercollegiate Athletics Department implemented the Tide Totals points program, a new way to determine donor priority. Donors receive points based upon several criteria, including cumulative donations to, and longevity in, the TIDE PRIDE football and basketball programs; season ticket purchasing history in seven different sports; and other recognized charitable funds given within the Crimson Tide Foundation, formerly known as the Crimson Tradition Fund. Each year the TIDE PRIDE Office, Athletic Ticket Office, and Athletic Development Office work together to administer the Tide Totals points program.
The deadline for accepting donations to calculate points for the applicable upcoming athletic season(s) is February 1 of each year. TIDE PRIDE payments and charitable donations received by 5:00 p.m. on February 1 or postmarked by January 25 count toward a donor's points total. (Only payments and charitable donations actually received count toward a donor's points total.) As soon as possible after the February 1 deadline, Tide Totals is calculated, establishing a top-to-bottom points order for all season ticket holders. Each donor's points are then used to determine priority for the applicable upcoming athletic season(s). To receive the opportunity to utilize Tide Totals for any particular sport, one must be a season ticket holder in that sport.
Tide Totals are Accumulated as Follows:
- TIDE PRIDE Years of Membership - 5 points awarded for each season of TIDE PRIDE participation since inception (1988 Football, 1998 Basketball)
- Total TIDE PRIDE Donations - 1 point awarded for each $100 donation made to TIDE PRIDE since inception (1988 Football, 1998 Basketball)
- Season Ticket Purchases since 1988 - 1 point awarded for each season of season ticket purchases for each UA sport (since 1988)
- Crimson Tide Foundation Donations - 3 points awarded for each $100 donation to the Crimson Tide Foundation beginning September 1, 2012. 2 points per $100 awarded for gifts prior to September 1, 2012, including those donations originally made to its predecessor, the Crimson Tradition Fund. Crimson Tide Foundation donations include gifts made to the scholarship fund, athletic scholarship endowments, and other athletic gift funds.
- TIDE PRIDE Football Charter Member - 50 points were awarded to TIDE PRIDE football charter members who had maintained membership in TIDE PRIDE football continuously from 1988 to 2005.
- Pre-TIDE PRIDE Selected Priorities - 50 points were awarded to TIDE PRIDE charter members who had maintained membership in TIDE PRIDE football continuously from 1988 to 2005 and who had entered TIDE PRIDE in 1988 as current (1987) football Season Ticket Holders, Donors to the Student Information Fund, Donors of Vehicles for Athletics Department use, or Donors to the University of Alabama Educational and Athletic Scholarship Program
- TIDE PRIDE Basketball Charter Member - 50 points were awarded to TIDE PRIDE basketball charter members who had maintained membership in TIDE PRIDE basketball continuously from 1998 to 2005.
- Bonus Points - Bonus points offered throughout the year for special campaigns or ticket purchases